Saturday, May 3, 2014

Things you didn't know your tying desk was missing...Item #1


The boar hair shaving brush.

This is the first of a series of short posts about things I keep at my tying desk that are a little out of the ordinary.

One of the other hobbies/endeavors I enjoy is classic wet shaving with a straight razor. As a consequence of this hobby I picked up a cheap boar hair brush for use with shaving soaps (FYI: the best of these brushes are badger hair).

Awhile back, I found myself needing to dust off my desk after some marathon tying escapade. I looked over and saw this brush which I never shave with and thought "I bet that would work." Sure enough it works great for sweeping off all the little bits that accumulate on my desk.

If seeking out a shaving brush for this purpose look for a cheap boar hair brush. Inevitably some sort of adhesive is going to get on it, and shave brushes (usually badger) can be very expensive. Leave the pricey ones for shaving. Go cheap...this is for sweeping up garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment